These waffles are tender, light and crisp. Add fresh berries to the mix for a tasty breakfast treat! We added freshly picked black raspberries to the mix, but blueberries, blackberries — even strawberries — would be delicious in this recipe. Enjoy!
Fresh Berry Belgium Waffles
- 3 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons confectioner's sugar
- 1½ tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 cups milk
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract, pure
- 5 large eggs, separated
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh berries
- Non-stick cooking spray for waffle iron
- Gently combine flour, baking powder, confectioner's sugar, coconut oil, milk, vanilla and egg yolks in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg whites and salt until soft peaks form.
- Gently fold egg whites into waffle batter, then add in berries. Gently stir to combine.
- Pour batter onto a hot, greased waffle iron until crisp and golden-brown.
- Top with maple syrup and additional berries if desired.
“The voice of the Lord twists the oaks and strips the forests bare. And in his temple all cry, ‘Glory!'” ~ Psalm 29:9 Continue Reading…
No, they didn’t stay out drinking all night — though they have been consuming more water on hot, humid days. I’m talking about the time someone forgot to shut a gate. The equine instigator in our family (there on the left) decided to lead the rest of his herd to the promised land. The horses spent an afternoon binge eating, and all of them — especially Baron — paid dearly. Continue Reading…
Hello, dear friends. I hope you’re enjoying summer with its sunshine, thunderstorms and precious blooms. I hope you’ve made simple discoveries! I hope you’ve found occasion to laugh — great, belly-busting guffaws that shake you to the core and leave you gasping for breath. I hope you have reveled in single moments … pondered unanswered questions … walked in the rain … smelled the wild blooms … gazed over yonder. Continue Reading…
I have a new favorite in my spice rack: Denny Mike’s Chick Magnet Southwest Seasoning
. It takes chicken from boring to “big bang” status. Combine this spicy chicken breast with fresh peppers, onions, black beans, and brown rice — made rich and creamy with Cabot Tomato Basil Cheddar
, and you have truly spectacular recipe! Continue Reading…