Make Cocoa Caramel Delight Cookies
These tasty little treats look so nice on a pretty plate or cookie tray! They’re delicious and elegant — perfect for parties, showers, Christmas gatherings, and more. This is my sister Rebekah’s recipe, and she kindly shared it for all of us to enjoy! So go forth and bake up a batch of these stunning Cocoa Caramel Delights!Go exploring! You may enjoy these previous posts.
Cocoa Caramel Delights
Yield: About 2 1/2 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg, separated
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 12 to 14 caramels
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Cream butter and sugar together in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk, milk and vanilla. In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and combine. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Roll into 1-inch balls. Beat egg white. Place egg white in a shallow bowl. Place nuts in another shallow bowl. Dip balls into egg white and coat with nuts
- Place dough balls 2 inches apart on greased baking sheets. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make a 3/8-to 1/2-in. indentation in the center of each ball. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large heavy saucepan, melt caramels with cream over low heat; stir until smooth. Using about 1/2 teaspoon caramel mixture, fill each cookie. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies.
Copyright 2007-2014 Farmgirl Follies - Jennifer Kiko