Sour Cream Coffee Cake with Fruit and Nuts
My recipe calls for a cup of whole wheat flour, but it would be perfectly acceptable to use all-purpose flour (4 cups). I added a cup of the raspberries we picked last summer. The frozen fruit turned the batter a subtle shade of pink. Almonds were tasty, but walnuts or pecans would be perfect. If you want a real treat, enjoy with my favorite morning beverage: Cameron’s Coffee Highlander Grog.
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sour cream
- 3 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup raspberries (or fruit of choice)
- 1/4 slice almonds or chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Cream together butter and sugar, then add sour cream and eggs.
- In a separate bowl, combine flours, baking powder and soda.
- Add dry to wet ingredients, then gently fold in fruit and nuts.
- Pour into a greased or buttered 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Combine brown sugar, 1/2 cup flour,cinnamon; cut in butter. Crumble on top of batter.
- Bake at 350 F. for one hour, or until toothpick inserted in the center is clean.
Go exploring! You may enjoy these previous posts.
I am a writer, blogger, wife and homeschooling mother of three. I love wide open spaces, cooking, gardening, decorating, travel, vintage treasures, sunshine on my shoulders, and bare feet.