The built-in bookcase project is complete! Ryan finished the crown molding and baseboard pieces this afternoon and I gleefully started stocking the shelves. It was a lovely assembly line: I sent the kids to the basement for armloads of books, they carried them upstairs and into my waiting arms. It worked perfectly! (And I fed them M&Ms for acting as pack mules.)
Our school/craft/work room has been in the basement for the last couple of years. It was spacious, but lack of natural light made us all a bit grumpy and it was pretty chilly November through March. We ended up doing our work on the kitchen table all winter and that yielded messy clutter piles that had to be cleared at meal time. So we solved the problem when I moved the bed and determined to rearrange our lives.
My computer desk is also in this room and the laundry room is through that door. It’s multitasking at its best!
This is the season of harvest and home.
Decorating on the cheap:
- Super-sturdy shelves built by hubby=$80 in materials + leftover paint
- Mirror=$7 at Goodwill + $6 can of canary yellow paint
- Paper lantern light=$7.50 x 2 from Big Lots
- Funky pendant light=$29.98 from Lowes
- Wood table=$25 from Goodwill
- Love seat from the basement
- Blue chairs from the basement (WalMart several years ago)
- Curtain panels=Target (several years ago)
How are you feathering your nest for the long winter ahead?