Easy Beef Brisket
Mmmm. Brisket. We’re putting this in the oven today so we can enjoy it tonight for dinner with some friends. It’s perfect for family meals, parties, and great for game day. Enjoy!
Easy Beef Brisket
- 6-8 lb. beef brisket
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon course kosher salt
- 1 extra-large onion peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 12 oz. bottle chili sauce
- 1 cup beer
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Place brisket in roasting pan, fat side up.
- Combine garlic, salt and pepper; spread evenly over brisket.
- Slice onion and separate into rings; arrange over brisket.
- Combine chili sauce, beer, Worcestershire sauce and sugar; pour over brisket and onions.
- Cover with aluminum foil and cook for 2 hours.
- Turn brisket over; stir onions into sauce and spoon over brisket. Cover; cook 2 hours more or until fork tender.
- Transfer brisket to cutting board. Slice across the grain.
Place brisket, fat side up, in a roasting pan on a rack.
Prepare ingredients: mince garlic, slice onion.
Add pepper and kosher salt to the garlic, rub all over the meat. Then cover with sliced onions.
Pour chili sauce into a bowl and add beer.
Add Worcestershire sauce and brown sugar.
Slowly pour over brisket and onions. Then cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for two hours.
Here’s the view at halftime. Scrape off all of the onions, turn the brisket over, and then spoon onions and sauce back on top of the brisket. Put it back in the oven: 350 degrees for two more hours.
Remove fork-tender brisket from oven and slice across the grain.
I’m telling you … it’s incredibly tender. So juicy and flavorful and again I say, truly scrumptious.
This will feed a crowd or a family of five for a couple of days. So dig in and get creative!
We like to eat the brisket as is. And these Cheddar Biscuit Brisket Sliders are tasty, too!
I am a writer, blogger, wife and homeschooling mother of three. I love wide open spaces, cooking, gardening, decorating, travel, vintage treasures, sunshine on my shoulders, and bare feet.