Three boys … three boys who had tired of the movie they begged to watch, didn’t want to play outside because it was too cold and had already consumed a bowl of popcorn and a chocolate chip cookie each. Three boys in desperate need of something to do.
Ahhh, yes! What boy doesn’t love playing with shaving cream?
These three certainly do!
To make this fun and messy-but-easy-clean project, you’ll need:
- Shaving cream (not the gel kind)
- White glue
- Popsicle sticks to spread the “paint”
- Multi-colored tissue paper
- Draw a rabbit (or any shape) on a piece of white card stock.
- In a bowl, mix 2 parts shaving cream and 1 part glue. Mix with a Popsicle stick.
- Have the kids cover the rabbit with the puffy paint. Don’t worry if the mixture gets on the table, clothing or kids … it easily washes off.
- Allow bunnies to dry for about 15 minutes — they won’t be totally dry, but they will be slightly firm.
- While rabbits dry, have the kids cut squares of colorful tissue paper.
- The next step was a favorite with this gang! Grab the glue bottle with both hands and squeeze in a circular motion all over the bottom of the rabbit paper. Then pile on the tissue squares and gently pat to make them stick.
The rabbits will be completely dry in about an hour. The puffy “fur” almost feels like Styrofoam. A very tactile piece of artwork for the rambunctious little boys — and girls! — in your life.
And here’s an idea: I’ve never tried it, but I bet you could add a drop or two of food coloring for a more colorful “puff paint” — let me know if you give it a try!