Some days are diamonds

Some days words aren’t enough to capture and describe the sights that take my breath away — the views that make me feel small and insignificant and joyful all at the same time.

How can I express that the sight of big, puffy clouds pushing through endless blue grounds me … makes me feel closer to something, rooted in place … home.

Blessed are we to indulge our gazes toward something so monstrous and beautiful and ever-changing. Forget art galleries and priceless paintings … I’ll just sit here and enjoy the view, thanks.

But I didn’t stay parked on the side of the road for long. Places to go and people to see. And somehow that big sky with its marshmallow creme was the perfect complement to this scene …

And this one …

Because the roots are here, grounding me to this place. And the sky above is a wondrous reflection of the monstrous, ever-changing thankfulness that envelopes me here in the midst of apples and chaos and generations.

And maybe I walk around with my head in the clouds a lot of the time.

Why not?

Jane August 22, 2011 (7:01 am)

<3 the look on Ryan's face. 🙂

mothergoose August 22, 2011 (7:08 am)

Jane..I think he’s thinking of the endless places he’d like to deposit her camera! The sky was beautiful yesterday and this morning I don’t see a single cloud!

MAC August 22, 2011 (7:11 am)

I know I love that he always looks so thrilled to get his picture taken. Personally I think he likes the attention and the hard time people give him. LOL!! He is the best!!

Robyn August 22, 2011 (10:06 am)

Awesome cloud picts. I really like the first one!
    I agree, we should walk around with our head in the clouds more often. We might run into someone interesting.

Donna Moser August 22, 2011 (9:33 pm)

Your web site is just wonderful..and I’m so flattered that you used a pic with my farm in it…I’ve been taking pictures of the clouds here too, do it almost everyday, the clouds, the sunrises and sunsets… and I certainly know how you feel about the beauty all around.

Farmgirl August 23, 2011 (6:34 am)

It was such a gorgeous day, Donna! Your house, the fields and sky looked just like a painting! 🙂

Nashville August 24, 2011 (9:31 pm)

Wow sister! You are so talented…these pictures are amazing! I absolutely love the first one!