Book lights and porch swings

Homemade book lights

I am in love with these lights! I seriously stood and stared at them for 10 minutes. Long enough to see a price tag on one of the books from a nearby thrift shop. Long enough to realize that this store has some incredibly talented crafty types working here. Long enough to figure out …

Ceiling lights from books

A) I need to buy a box of vintage books at Goodwill

B) I need to get a ceiling light kit, some rope and a stapler

C) I need to fold the books inside out (thus breaking their spines), staple the jackets together outsides touching, and then I need to fold and fold and fold and presto … something awesome and infatuating.

And then I turned a corner and saw this.

Pallet porch swing

Shut the front door and have a seat on the porch swing made of pallets. Yes ma’am.

Ideas are dancing around in my head like sugar plums.

Jill Flory March 22, 2013 (6:39 pm)

Oh. My. Word. To both the lights and the pallet swing. How totally totally cool they both are! So glad you shared 🙂

Jennifer Kiko March 26, 2013 (9:27 pm)

I know … now where to find old pallets! 😉

Kris March 23, 2013 (7:44 am)

I love the swing and lights. Our thrift store here also has cool little things made out of old books. I was so tempted to buy the wrapping paper and bows made from the old pages of a book, until I saw the price tag at $2 a bow. lol

MAC March 26, 2013 (1:02 pm)

Watch out for splinters on that swing! Yikes!

Jennifer Kiko March 26, 2013 (9:29 pm)

I’d sand mine. (Or maybe I could get the kids to do it!)

Jennifer Kiko March 26, 2013 (9:27 pm)

I bet you could make your own for pennies!

• Color me happy and cover stubborn wallpaper | Farmgirl Follies - Jennifer Kiko April 8, 2014 (2:38 pm)

[…] What’s next for ‘this old house’? I’m planning to throw down an area rug and find some kind of light fixture for over the table. Or, wouldn’t it be fun to make a light like these? […]