Cornbread and Sausage Skillet Bake
Here’s a quick and easy meal for busy week nights — and it’s also a tasty comfort food for cozy weekends. Mix up some cornbread, add a few of your favorite ingredients — I used sausage, spinach and smoked cheddar — and bake for approximately 15 minutes. This recipe can easily be doubled for a larger family. If doubling, bake in a 12-inch skillet or 13 x 9 baking dish instead. Enjoy this family favorite!
Cornbread & Sausage Skillet
- 1 box Jiffy Cornbread Mix
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 lb. Jimmy Dean hot sausage or regular
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach chopped
- 1 cup smoked cheddar cheese shredded (or your favorite cheese)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or half and half
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prepare cornbread according to package directions.
- Add remaining ingredients to bowl and stir to combine.
- Butter an 8-inch cast iron skillet (or baking dish) and scrape mixture into skillet.
- Bake in the oven for 15-18 minutes (or until top is gently browned and toothpick inserted in center is clean).