Maple Bourbon Bacon Glaze
The chef was kind enough to share the recipe that evening, and I made it here at home to serve on a tri-tip roast for Sunday dinner. It would be the perfect complement to your Christmas roast or New Year’s feast. Serve it up to family and friends. Enjoy!
- 8 ounces bacon, diced
- 1 cup beef stock
- ½ cup real maple syrup
- ½ cup brewed coffee, room temperature
- 1-2 tablespoons bourbon
- Simmer bacon until just crisp. Remove bacon and strain drippings from the pan. Keep both at room temperature.
- In a medium saucepan, combine beef stock and maple syrup over medium heat. Stir occasionally until liquid reduces by half and becomes a deep mahogany color, approximately 10 minutes.
- Add half of coffee and return to a boil.
- Whisk in remaining coffee and bourbon.
- Simmer an additional 3 minutes. Whisk in reserved bacon drippings.
- Serve warm glaze over roast, adding bacon into sauce or on top as a garnish, as desired.