Peanut Butter Bread
We’ve since tweaked the recipe a bit. I use whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose, and up the baking powder and milk measurements. The result is a deliciously dense bread. Top it with strawberry jam (or the jam of your choice!) and you have a mighty good sandwich, snack or quite possibly, a casual dessert!
- 2 cups King Arthur Whole Wheat Flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup peanut butter
- strawberry jam (optional
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Add egg, milk and peanut butter. Stir to combine.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan. Top with crushed peanuts if desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before turning from pan to a wire rack.
- Serve with jam if desired.