Make A Fruity Summer Salad with Dole
Have you heard about the Dole Get Up and Grow! North American Tour? It’s a healthy lifestyle initiative designed to create a happier, healthier you. Basically, it’s a quest to get you and me to eat more fresh fruits and vegetables. And there is fun encouragement along the way with recipes, nutritional tips — even a healthy eating pledge.
The Get Up and Grow! North American Tour began in New Orleans, Dallas and Pittsburgh in May, and will continue through 44 cities in 25 U.S. states and four Canadian provinces. Get a complete schedule here. The ‘fruity’ caravan will visit supermarkets and public events offering recipe and product samples, a do-it-yourself smoothie bar, free giveaways for kids, and other interactive surprises celebrating the fun, healthful flavors of fruits and vegetables. You’ll even have the chance to win six months of fresh produce and a dream wellness vacation in California! Find a tour stop near you (and more information) at dole.com/GetUpandGrow.
What will you make with all of those fresh fruits and vegetables? How about a fruity summer salad that’s as appealing to the eyes as it is to the taste buds! It’s subtly sweet and refreshing. If spinach salad could be a dessert, this is it!
Farmgirl's Fruity Summer Salad
- 2 bags Dole® spinach chopped
- 2 Dole® bananas peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup each Dole® sliced strawberries raspberries, blueberries
- 2 kiwis diced
- ½ red onion sliced thin, in strips
- ⅓ cup slivered almonds
- Crumbled feta cheese
- Raspberry vinaigrette
- Roughly chop spinach and place in a salad bowl.
- Peel and slice bananas into small bowl. Drizzle with one tablespoon lemon juice. Stir to coat.
- Slice strawberries and dice kiwi.
- Add all fruits and red onion strips to the spinach, gently toss to combine.
- Sprinkle with almonds and crumbled feta. Serve.