Bacon Egg Breakfast Muffins
Bacon egg breakfast muffins are oh, so tasty and delicious. They’re also super simple to make. They will cheer your morning grump bunch on busy weekdays! You’ll need a few basic ingredients, a skillet, muffin tin, and just a hint of creativity.
Step 1: Makin’ bacon.
First prepare your pork fat and in this case, a job half-done will do. You want to fry the bacon (10-12 strips) until it’s just past raw but not yet crisp. Drain the strips on paper towels. While those drain, preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. Then wrap one strip around the interior perimeter of each muffin cup.
Step 2: This is eggciting!
Whisk together 10 eggs. Add salt and pepper to taste. You may also add your favorite ingredients — think diced mushrooms, chopped baby spinach, diced red, yellow, orange and green peppers, or spice it up with jalapenos. Also whisk in 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese.
Step 3: Stuffin’ muffins.
Pour egg mixture into the cup until it is about 3/4 full. Sprinkle with additional cheese if desired. Bake at 400 degrees F. for 10-12 minutes or until eggs are set and outer edges are crisp.
Bacon Egg Muffin Cups
- 10 large eggs
- 10 bacon strips fried until no longer raw but not crisp; drained on paper towels
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese plus more for topping
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: diced peppers chopped mushrooms, chopped baby spinach
- Fry bacon until strips are no longer raw but not yet crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a muffin tip with non-stick cooking spray.
- Wrap one bacon strip around the interior perimeter of each muffin cup, making a border.
- Whisk together eggs, cheese, salt and pepper, and additional ingredients.
- Pour egg mixture into the bacon "cups" until about 3/4 full. Top with additional cheese if desired.
- Bake at 400 for 10-12 minutes or until eggs are set and bacon is crisp at the edges.
And that’s it. Tasty, simple and delicious. Serve with fresh fruit and a hot cup o’ Joe! For more recipe ideas, check out my Farmgirl Follies on Pinterest!
I am a writer, blogger, wife and homeschooling mother of three. I love wide open spaces, cooking, gardening, decorating, travel, vintage treasures, sunshine on my shoulders, and bare feet.