Blueberry Buckle Is the Perfect Summertime Dessert
Fresh blueberries are a delicious summertime treat, and this Blueberry Buckle recipe make them even more sublime! The crumbly streusel topping makes this rustic dessert even tastier. And you can serve it alone or with vanilla ice cream.
This recipe is simple to make. You can follow these step-by-step instructions, or find a printable recipe at the bottom of the post. Enjoy!
Step 1: Gather your ingredients.
For maximum flavor in all of your recipes, be sure to use real vanilla extract, not imitation vanilla.
Step 2: Combine sugar, egg, butter and vanilla in a bowl and mix.
Step 3: Combine flour, salt and baking powder in a separate bowl, then add to butter mixture. Alternate adding the dry ingredients with a 1/2 cup of milk.
Step 4: Gently fold in the blueberries. Mmm.
Step 5: Gentle scrape buckle batter into a buttered and floured 9-inch springform pan.
Then smooth it out, nice and even.
Step 6: Make the streusel topping. Who doesn’t love streusel topping? *crickets*
Combine flour, butter, nutmeg or cinnamon or both!, brown sugar and salt.
The streusel should look crumbly, like this.
Step 7: Sprinkle streusel topping all over the top of the buckle batter.
Step 8: Put your buckle in a 350-degree oven for 60 to 70 minutes. Allow it to cool before unbuckling the pan.
It’s deliciously divine. Try is with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Farmgirl's Blueberry Buckle
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 stick unsalted butter room temperature
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- Streusel Topping:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg or cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 6 tbsps. unsalted butter room temperature
- Combine sugar, egg, vanilla and butter in the bowl of your mixer.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Slowly mix dry ingredients into butter and sugar mixture, alternating with a 1/2 cup milk. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Butter and flour a 9-inch Springform pan.
- Gently scrape blueberry mixture into pan, smoothing until even. Top with streusel topping.
- Bake 60-70 minutes in a 350-degree oven. Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes, then remove sides of pan.
I am a writer, blogger, wife and homeschooling mother of three. I love wide open spaces, cooking, gardening, decorating, travel, vintage treasures, sunshine on my shoulders, and bare feet.